"More Than Words: The Making of the Macquarie Dictionary"
I'll have the schnitty, please
Aussie Word of the Week
The Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Decade winner is...
New words to watch this month
Top ten blogs for 2020 by Macquarie Dictionary
- The Word of the Year 2020 shortlist and the COVID Word of the Year 2020 shortlist
- Six beautiful words (from our series on words we think are beautiful)
- How to talk about COVID-19
- Different ways to talk about toilet paper
- 3500+ new words in the Macquarie Dictionary Eighth Edition
- New words to watch (part of our series on new words submitted for consideration to Macquarie Dictionary)
- Some new words from Kim Scott, author and writer of the foreword for the Macquarie Dictionary Eighth Edition
- A piece of Aussie slang: smoko
- Binary and non-binary gender words
- The usage of the word 'alot'
Word for Word #37 Word of the Year 2020
- adaptive clothing
- bee vectoring
- COVID normal
- inclusion rider
- panda bashing
- sky puppy
- suicide first aid
Selected new words from award-winning author Kim Scott
A quick look at the Macquarie Atlas of Indigenous Australia
A filter for the separation of solute molecules of different sizes, using a semipermeable membrane filter through which the solute cannot pass.
The Word Cloud consists of the most searched words each week.
Click on a word to reveal its full entry.
You can use your cursor to change the direction and speed of the Word Cloud.