Catch the five o'clock wave
Aussie Word of the Week
Word of the Year: a look at past winners
- January - featuring the controversial Karen generation and poo jogger.
- February - we take on influencer fraud in our Tassie tuxedos.
- March - have you been seened?
- April - featuring COVID-19 and the coinciding infodemic.
- May - stop doomsurfing and put on a nicecore movie.
- June - grab a dalgona coffee, this one is a thumb stopper.
- July - join our travel bubble for some astrotourism.
- August - attain blood harmony, also sky puppies!
- September - watch out for wolf warriors and snapping handbags.
Selected new words from award-winning author Kim Scott
Word for Word #34 The shifting nature of pronunciation
Six more unusual, beautiful words
3500+ new words in the 'Macquarie Dictionary Eighth Edition'
A quick look at the Macquarie Atlas of Indigenous Australia
(among Scottish and Irish people) a social gathering at which there is music, singing, story-telling and dancing.
The Word Cloud consists of the most searched words each week.
Click on a word to reveal its full entry.
You can use your cursor to change the direction and speed of the Word Cloud.