verb (practised, practising)
–verb (t) 1. to carry out, perform, or do habitually or usually.
2. to follow, observe, or use habitually or in customary practice.
3. to exercise or pursue as a profession, art, or occupation: to practise law.
4. to perform or do repeatedly in order to acquire skill or proficiency.
5. to exercise (a person, etc.) in something in order to give proficiency; train or drill.
–verb (i) 6. to act habitually; do something habitually or as a practice.
7. to pursue a profession, especially law or medicine.
8. to exercise oneself by performance tending to give proficiency: to practise shooting.
9. Obsolete to plot or conspire.Also, US, practice. [Middle English, from Old French pra(c)tiser, from Late Latin practicus practical]