Top ten blogs for 2020 by Macquarie Dictionary
It's been a long, strange and unique year. One that the Word of the Year summed up pretty well in doomscrolling. But aside from that, we've also been busy writing and reading about all things lexicographical, including spelling, grammar and of course, new words.
So take a look back at the year that was with our top ten blogs for 2020:
- The Word of the Year 2020 shortlist and the COVID Word of the Year 2020 shortlist
- Six beautiful words (from our series on words we think are beautiful)
- How to talk about COVID-19
- Different ways to talk about toilet paper
- 3500+ new words in the Macquarie Dictionary Eighth Edition
- New words to watch (part of our series on new words submitted for consideration to Macquarie Dictionary)
- Some new words from Kim Scott, author and writer of the foreword for the Macquarie Dictionary Eighth Edition
- A piece of Aussie slang: smoko
- Binary and non-binary gender words
- The usage of the word 'alot'
Let us know what your favourite topic is below and we'll see if we can write something up on it.
Check out our featured articles:
Macquarie Dictionary Blog archives
2015 (58) 2015 (58)
2014 (67) 2014 (67)
2013 (28) 2013 (28)
2012 (19) 2012 (19)
2011 (18) 2011 (18)
2010 (20) 2010 (20)
2009 (3) 2009 (3)
2008 (2) 2008 (2)
1998 (1) 1998 (1)
Most searched terms
Join Macquarie Dictionary today!
Enjoy all the great features by subscribing today.