Macquarie Dictionary Blog
Aussie collective nouns - winners!
Dec 06, 2017
We asked for Aussie collective nouns and you delivered! Now it's time to announce our favourite ten. Congratulations to everyone who won and thank to for entering. It was a lot of fun to see what we could all come up with.
Our top 3 winners recieve a copy of the Macquarie Dictionary Seventh Edition, valued at $120.00!
10. A stone of crows, submitted by @wrenju
9. A waddle of wombats, submitted by @denisebean03
8. A sting of bluebottles, submitted by @sallyddavies
7. A splash of rainbow lorikeets, submitted by @leoj_tweets
6. A cacophony of cockatoos, submitted by Danielle
5. A bag of crocodiles, submitted by Geoff
4. An eclipse of moon jellyfish, submitted by @giadmnq
3. A quiver of echidnas, submitted by @fogartya. Congratulations, you are one of our winners!
2. A raffle of chooks, submitted by Stephen. Congratulations, you are one of our winners!
Join the discussion!
There are no comments yet. Be the first to post a comment!
Check out our featured articles:
Macquarie Dictionary Blog archives
2015 (40) 2015 (40)
2014 (40) 2014 (40)
2013 (18) 2013 (18)
2012 (14) 2012 (14)
2011 (16) 2011 (16)
2010 (17) 2010 (17)
Most searched terms
Join Macquarie Dictionary today!
Enjoy all the great features by subscribing today.